Image Comics announced that the hit comicbook series KICK-ASS has a new home. To celebrate the series’ 10th anniversary in February 2018, the first four volumes of the trade paperback will hit stores. On February 14th a new series will debut with six different covers along with the trade paperbacks. John Romita Jr. will contribute artwork for three of the ongoing series’ covers, while Frank Quitely, and Oliver Coipel will each have one with the last cover will be an all-black cover. In addition a new HIT-GIRL series will debut the following week.
Cover art and more information is below courtesy of their press release.
KICK-ASS TRADE PAPERBACKS FIND NEW HOME AT IMAGE COMICS
The beloved KICK-ASS series introduces teen comic book nerd Dave Lizewski, who dons his homemade Kick-Ass costume and takes to the streets of NYC to fight the city’s hardest criminals. This New York Times bestseller became a worldwide phenomenon overnight, spending three months at the top spot on the Diamond Direct Market chart and spawning the KICK-ASS movie that opened at No.1 in the box office.
To celebrate the launch of the new KICK-ASS series, all four volumes of KICK-ASS: THE DAVE LIZEWSKI YEARS are being released through Image Comics. Relive what happens when Dave Lizewski asks himself “How come nobody’s ever become a superhero before?” and makes his teenage superhero daydreams an ass-kicking reality.
A new ongoing monthly KICK-ASS comic by the series’ original creative team will launch concurrently with KICK-ASS: THE DAVE LIZEWSKI YEARS, VOL. 1-4 trade paperbacks all hitting stores from Image Comics. Two weeks later, superstar character Hit-Girl also gets her own monthly series from the creative team of Mark Millar and Ricardo Ortiz.
“Kick-Ass is the biggest thing I’ve ever had my name on. It just went crazy, and I loved writing these four books. Launching the new Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl monthlies from Image is incredibly exciting for me, and it makes absolute sense to have remastered editions of the original graphic novels out from Image too, all tweaked and reworked inside with brand-new covers. I can’t wait for these, and I bloody wrote the things.”
KICK-ASS trade paperbacks will be available in comic shops on Wednesday, February 14th and in bookstores on Tuesday, February 20th. The final order cutoff for comic shop retailers is Monday, January 8th.
- KICK-ASS: THE DAVE LIZEWSKI YEARS, Vol. 1, ISBN: 978-1-5343-0719-3, Diamond code: DEC170572
- KICK-ASS: THE DAVE LIZEWSKI YEARS, Vol. 2, ISBN: 978-1-5343-0720-9, Diamond code: DEC170573
- KICK-ASS: THE DAVE LIZEWSKI YEARS, Vol. 3, ISBN: 978-1-5343-0721-6, Diamond code: DEC170574
- KICK-ASS: THE DAVE LIZEWSKI YEARS, Vol. 4, ISBN: 978-1-5343-0722-3, Diamond code: DEC170575
- KICK-ASS #1 Cover A by Romita, Jr., Diamond code: DEC170560
- KICK-ASS #1 Cover B B&W by Romita, Jr., Diamond code: DEC170561
- KICK-ASS #1 Cover C Limited Special Anniversary variant by Romita, Jr., Diamond code: DEC170562
- KICK-ASS #1 Cover D by Frank Quitely, Diamond code: DEC170563
- KICK-ASS #1 Cover E by Olivier Coipel, Diamond code: DEC170564
- KICK-ASS #1 Cover F black cover, Diamond code: DEC170565