We like to post about gaming news around here, especially if it’s a company that you might be meeting-and-greeting at conventions, now that gaming is well and truly ensconced at such things. This latest release is a little of out of our remit as the team behind MANTIS BURN RACING will unlikely ever set foot on the San Diego Convention Center floor – because from where they’re based, it’s a bit of a trek.
Birmingham-based indie developer VooFoo Studios – and that’s Birmingham, Midlands UK, not Birmingham, Alabama – have announced the launch of their award nominated top-down racing game, available in the Nintendo Switch eShop. And reading their press release and looking the launch trailer (above), it sounds like a blast.
- Race Your Way – Play MANTIS BURN RACING your way, with all new features exclusive to Nintendo Switch. Now you can race anytime, anywhere in the definitive version of the game that includes the ‘Elite Class’ DLC, ‘Battle Cars’ DLC and ‘Snowbound’ tracks.
- Immersive Top-Down Racing – Drift, draft, and race your way across 12 stunning tracks in 3 uniquely challenging environments with glorious photo-realistic visuals that truly immerse players in the race.
- RPG-Style Upgrades – Fine tune your vehicle’s handling and performance via a RPG-style upgrade system that presents players with deep tactical choices and excellent replay-value.
- Split-Screen Multiplayer – Compete on one console in classic couch-style split-screen races for up to 4-players.
- Go Head-to-Head – Take on friends in 2-player local split-screen races using individual Joy-Con™ controllers with players sitting ‘cross-table’ at opposite sides of the Nintendo Switch.
- Local Wi-Fi Multiplayer – Connect multiple Nintendo Switch™ consoles and race together without the need for a connection to the internet.
- Cross-Network Play – Take the competition online with up to 8-players and race against opponents on other platforms with Cross-Network play.
- Consistently Smooth 60fps – in both TV mode and Handheld mode.