Earlier today, the organisers behind Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con – taking place next weekend, from Friday 28th to Sunday 30th October 2016 – announced its next set of incredible guests, ranging from world class comics creative talent to stars of screens big and small.
These new additions include Mike Colter (MARVEL’S LUKE CAGE), Dominic Purcell (PRISON BREAK, THE FLASH, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW), and SUPERNATURAL‘s Jim Beaver (who plays Bobby Singer). For those of a more nostalgic bent, fans can also meet and greet with Rufio from Steven Spielberg’s HOOK as Dante Basco makes a rare outing, while Sherilyn Fenn from TWIN PEAKS will also be in attendance.
However, it’s not just going to be a dusting off of the cobwebs, as cast and crew of upcoming film GRUMPY CAT will be on hand to show what they have in store for cinema-goers next summer.
From the world of comic book artists and writers, the talent pool will include acclaimed artist David Finch, known for his work on DC Comics‘ THE DARK KNIGHT and Marvel’s ULTIMATE X-MEN and much more, and Andy Park, best known by most for his cover artwork for Marvel, but primarily working as a concept artist for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Basically, if he’s painted it, it’s more than likely shown up on the big screen in that from – he is one that defines what we know of the modern superhero movie.
Legendary publication Heavy Metal Magazine will be in attendance, premiering their ‘Fear’ issue #283, and will be hosting a number of eclectic artists at their booth for signings, including Bill Sienkiewicz, Erika Lewis, John Mahoney, Leonie O’Moore, Pepe Moreno, and Berry Gellar. As a random addition, the producers of THE FLASH series Deric Hughes and Benjamin Raab will also be appearing at their booth. Go figure.
- Noon-1pm: Rob Shields (Heavy Metal #282 cover artist)
- 1—2pm: Donny Cates (HM #282 “Atomahawk”, The Paybacks, Interceptor writer)
- 3—4pm: Michael Moreci (Hoax Hunters, Reincarnate writer), Christian DiBari (Hoax Hunters artist)
- 1—2pm: Ron English (HM #280 cover artist)
- 2—3:30pm: Stoya & Dean Haspiel (HM #281 “One Such Partner” team)
- 4—5pm: Donny Cates, Eliot Rahal, Geoff Shaw (The Paybacks team)
- 11 AM—Noon: Chris Burnham & Dave McCaig (“Lord of Light” print)
- Noon—1:30pm: Donny Cates & Dylan Burnett (Interceptor team)
- 2—3:30 PM: Erika Lewis (“The 49th Key”, HM #273-281)
You can find more information on the events, schedules, and guests that will be in attendance at Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con on their website, as well as buying your tickets, here. Hurry, not long to go now…