Ooh, they’ve sprung this one on us. And you thought Comic-Con International would be concentrating all of its efforts on today’s Pro-Registration comp/guest badge sale, but no-oooo…
Those that have their hearts on attending this year’s San Diego Comic-Con will be wanting to put all the pieces together for their stay in July, from flights, to parking, and of course, accommodation.
One of the ways that those that certainly know that they are going – successful applicants of the Returning Registration Badge Sale a few weeks back – is they can now take part in the Early Bird Hotel Sale: a collection of limited hotel rooms, normally located in the Mission Valley and Airport area, at discounted rates.
The pros for the Early Bird Hotel Sale is pretty apparent: a reduction in room rates, handy transportation with the free Shuttle Service throughout the duration of the convention and, of course, the certainty of a bed at the end of a long SDCC day – something you can’t necessarily rely on in the General Hotel Sale (date to be confirmed). And then there’s the inevitable cons for the arrangement: hotels that are much further away from the action Downtown, non-refundable payments, no exchanges… Once you’ve paid your cash, that’s it, you’re locked in.
The hotels available in the Early Bird Sale are:
- Courtyard By Marriott SD Airport / Liberty Station (2592 Laning Road)
- Courtyard By Marriott SD Mission Valley (595 Hotel Circle South)
- Crowne Plaza San Diego (2270 Hotel Circle North)
- Days Hotel SD Hotel Circle (Mission Valley) (543 Hotel Circle South)
- DoubleTree San Diego Mission Valley (7450 Hazard Center Drive)
- Handlery Hotel San Diego (950 Hotel Circle North)
- Hilton San Diego Mission Valley (901 Camino del Rio South)
- San Diego Marriott Mission Valley (8757 Rio San Diego Drive)
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina (1380 Harbor Island Drive)
- Sheraton Mission Valley, San Diego (1433 Camino Del Rio South)
- Town and Country Resort (500 Hotel Circle North)
Note: there’s a host of packages and requirements for each location – do check the various listings for each before making a decision.
Click on this link to be taken directly to the EPIC Booking Site and get your room sorted today! Unless, of course, you fancy your chances down the line…
Comic-Con 2017 Early Bird Hotel Sale Now Open!
While Comic-Con 2017’s general hotel reservation sale (which includes the downtown hotels closest to the San Diego Convention Center) won’t open for a little while, you can book your hotel reservation now in our Early Bird Hotel Sale! The sale includes 11 hotels in the Mission Valley and Airport area, all at great rates, and all on the Comic-Con Shuttle route! And some of the hotels offer special offers and incentives for booking early.
Complete info is on our Early Bird Hotel Sale page (click here to visit it), but please keep this in mind:
Only book a room IF you already know you have a Comic-Con 2017 badge! These rooms are available on a NON-REFUNDABLE basis.
The Early Bird Hotel Sale is a great way to get your room locked in now … take advantage of it and use the Comic-Con Shuttle to get to and from the Convention Center. Low prices and a free ride … what more could you ask for?
A limited number of Mission Valley and Airport area hotel rooms will be made available for this special Early Bird Sale. No downtown hotels will be available in this sale.
This special Early Bird Hotel Sale is only available BEFORE general housing opens. All rooms must be paid for in advance and are non-transferable. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
Please note: Reserving Early Bird hotel rooms does not guarantee you a badge for Comic-Con 2017. If you do not currently have a badge, please DO NOT purchase prepaid, non-refundable hotel rooms. If you are unable to get the badges you want or if you do not get any badges at all, we will not be able to refund any part of your Early Bird hotel reservation prepayment.
Shuttle service will be available on Wednesday, July 19 from 3:00 PM until 10:00 PM. 24-hour shuttle service begins Thursday, July 20 at 7:00 AM and runs through Sunday, July 23 at 7:00 PM to help fans enjoy every hour of Comic-Con and the nighttime fun.
- Each room reservation requires full pre-payment at the time of booking.
- Your full pre-payment is NON-REFUNDABLE, regardless of circumstance.
- You must be over 18 years of age to book a reservation.
- The “Comic-Con Early Bird” hotel rates are limited and subject to availability.
- Reservations are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Name changes and adding nights to your stay will be accepted through onPeak up to May 1, 2017.
- Reduction in room nights will not be eligible for refunds.
- Within 2 weeks of your arrival date, please contact the hotel directly for any date changes.
- If you do not check in on your scheduled arrival date, the hotel will consider your reservation a “No Show” and your entire reservation will be forfeited, along with your entire prepayment.
Rates listed below are for 1 or 2 people in each room. Additional people in the room or rooms with two (2) beds may increase the room rate. You will be able to see these additional rates before confirming your reservation. Some of the hotels will also be offering special incentives for those booking early. Be sure to review the list below for details.