TBF 2014: Thought Bubble Festival comic convention, one day to kick-off… Overview of our forthcoming coverage
The Thought Bubble Sequential Arts Festival has been running though out the course of this week, with signings, exhibitions, installations, talks and screenings taking place across the city of Leeds and across the country – but now it’s almost time to summon all the talent to home base for a two-day comic convention, located at the Royal Armouries Museum.
Thousands of dedicated fans will be making their way to the venue, which this year sees some changes to its layout with the introduction of a dedicated Thought Bubble Teepee floorspace, located in the courtyard of the Museum. This, combined with the New Dock Hall and the Royal Armouries Hall, will look to expand on the ever-growing attendance of the last few years.
While the Yorkshire skies may be cold and grey at the moment, Thought Bubble has always prided itself in creating a warm and welcoming environment, for both fans and attendees, making it one of the premiere highlights of the UK comic convention calender and, unlike many comic cons in the this country, it is purely focused on the creative forces behind comics, with no other distractions to other media. This means that the forthcoming weekend will be a true celebration of comic arts with names from across the globe, making an appearance.
We will be doing our utmost to cover as much of the event as we possibly can, from the moment the famous red shirted volunteers (garbed with a design by Jack Teagle and Donya Todd) usher attendees through the doors on Saturday morning, to the final turf-out on Sunday evening. Indeed, we will be hosting this week’s A Cup O’ Tea… Hangout from the venue – with, hopefully, a couple of special guests joining us, too.
Before that happens, however, there’s plenty we’ll be bringing you, over the next few days, including
- A full live-blog of the 2014 British Comic Awards, featuring all the runners and riders as they head to the stage to collect their gongs at the ceremony on Saturday evening, and the Comic Art Competition, showcasing the brightest in young and fresh talent.
- Coverage of many of the panels taking place over the course of the weekend, including panels from Inkstuds Live, Image Comics and 2000AD, and more.
- All the highlights of the famous Mid-Con Party, held this year at the Leeds Town Hall, featuring world-class talent pulling some world-class shapes on the dancefloor!
- Interviews with artists and writers, appearing at this years con.
- Updates and photos on our Twitter, minute by minute – starting today!
It all kicks off tomorrow – Saturday 15th November – bright and early (well, as bright as it gets!) so don’t miss out on the posts on this site: bookmark us today!