The prestige publisher Insight Editions will be making their way to New York Comic Con next weekend to showcase some of their incredible books with some amazing photo opportunities, book signings, panels and competitions.
Featuring popular franchises such as BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, GAME OF THRONES, GHOSTBUSTERS, MARVEL’s BLACK PANTHER and more, it’s an amazing line-up (especially that bloody incredible ART OF MONDO hardback which, if I land the lottery on Friday, I’ll be buying for each and one of my readers*).
(*look, I’ll get a few as site prizes before I abandon civilization for my own private island. c’mon, let’s be real here.)
EXCLUSIVES / FREE with PURCHASES
- THE ART OF MONDO – releasing October 10th: When attendees purchase THE ART OF MONDO they’ll receive a postcard size art card—a piece from a real Mondo poster.
- SKINNED – releasing November 14th: Insight Comics’ new graphic novel, SKINNED, will be available with an NYCC-exclusive variant cover.
- The first 40 people to pre-order GHOSTBUSTERS: ECTOMOBILE releasing on October 24th, will receive a 12” x 18” Ectomobile schematic poster signed by GHOSTBUSTERS’ producer Ivan Reitman!
- ‘TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE DIE HARD: HOW TO TURN A LEGENDARY ACTION FILM INTO A NAUGHTY CHRISTMAS TALE – Thursday 5th October, 12.30pm-1.30pm (Room 1A24)
BuzzFeed nailed it—DIE HARD fans are too cool for regular Christmas movies. Enter stand-up comedian and all around cool cat Doogie Horner and his new book, A DIE HARD CHRISTMAS: THE ILLUSTRATED HOLIDAY CLASSIC, a hilarious mash-up of DIE HARD and the classic holiday poem “’TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.” Join Doogie and fellow panelists Jim Tews, Joe Zimmerman, and more as they discuss irreverently adapting film-to-book around the DIE HARD franchise.
SIGNINGS (at Insight Editions, Booth #1946)
Thursday 5th October
- 11am – 12pm: CHELSEA MONROE-CASSEL (signing WORLD OF WARCRAFT: THE OFFICIAL COOKBOOK / recipe card HEARTHSTONE: INNKEEPER’S TAVERN COOKBOOK)
- 1pm – 2pm: CASEEN GAINES & CHERYL HENSON (signing THE DARK CRYSTAL: THE ULTIMATE VISUAL HISTORY)
- 2pm – 3pm: DOOGIE HORNER (signing A DIE HARD CHRISTMAS: THE ILLUSTRATED HOLIDAY CLASSIC)
- 3.30pm – 4.30pm: A.M. ROBINSON (signing BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: THE OFFICIAL GRIMORE)
Friday 6th October
- 11am – 12pm: SCOTT C. (signing SPLENDID LIFE)
- 1pm – 2pm: JEREMY HOLT (signing NYCC Exclusive Edition of SKINNED)
- 2pm – 3pm: DENYS COWEN (signing MARVEL’S BLACK PANTHER: THE ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF A KING cover art sketch print)
- 3pm – 4pm: TOM SNIEGOSKI (author) and TOM MCWEENEY (illustrator) (signing ATOMIC FRENCHIE
Saturday 7th October
- 11am – 12pm: RICHARD HAMILTON (signing DREAMWORKS TROLLHUNTERS: A BRIEF RECAPITULATION OF TROLL LORE: VOLUME 48)
- 1pm – 2pm: LAUREN WILSON (signing THE WALKING DEAD: THE OFFICIAL COOKBOOK AND SURVIVIAL GUIDE)
- 3pm – 4pm: ALEXIS SENTENAC (signing SIBERIA 56)
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
In honor of Insight’s forthcoming book BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: THE OFFICIAL GRIMOIRE, fans have the opportunity to take a photo with a life-size image of the Gentlemen from the popular episode “Hush.” If they post their photo on social media using the hashtags #BuffyGrimoire and #BuffySlays20, they will receive a small glass vial containing one of Willow’s spells, a perfect keepsake for Buffy fans.
Attendees can stop by Insight Edition’s booth and enter to win a GAME OF THRONES ASTROLABE COLLECTOR’S EDITION BOOK SET when they sign up for the Insight Editions newsletter.