EDIT: Congrats to IAN O’HARA who was drawn from the correct entrants, live on the Hangout on 18th January 2015 (The question we asked was ‘What was the name of the A.I. that runs the ship Nostromo in the film Alien’? We accepted two answers – the ship A.I., MUTHUR, and the surreptitious on-board android, Ash), Well done, Ian – we’ll get the shirt off to you as soon as we take delivery of it!
Ex_Machina is the debut directorial effort from acclaimed The Beach/28 Days Later/Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland, starring Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Issac and Alicia Vikander, telling the story of a computer coder who wins the chance to spend a week at the house in the mountains belonging to the CEO of the company he works for, only to find he has to participate in an experiment involving a new brand of artificial intelligence – Ava, an incredible new creation that crosses the line between robot and human.
This sci-fi thriller is the first film of 2015 that we at An Englishman In San Diego are properly excited about and we’re pleased as punch to bring you a special prize, courtesy of Universal Pictures UK: a limited edition Ex_Machina tee, inspired by the film and designed by those genre-themed clothing geniuses, Last Exit To Nowhere.
Simply watch this weeks A Cup O’ Tea With… hangout, answer the question we ask in it correctly and send in that answer into us – either add to your circles and Direct Message us the answer on Google+, email us with the heading ‘Ex_Machina Comp’ to email@example.com or tweet us at @EnglishmanSDCC – one entry per person. We’ll be announcing the winner LIVE on next weeks Cup O’ Tea With… hangout on Sunday 18th January 2015. Best o’ luck!
1. The promoter is: An Englishman In San Diego, in conjunction with Universal Pictures UK.
2. Employees of An Englishman In San Diego, Universal Pictures UK or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition, including guests of the Cup O’ Tea Hangout shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be 5.45pm GMT, 18th January 2015. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
7. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. The size of the shirt will be requested of the winner and passed on to Universal Pictures UK: however, the size is not confirmed and is only determined on supply.
8. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
9. Winners will be chosen at random by software from all entries received and announced live on the Cup O’ Tea With… hangout on Sunday 18th January 2015.
10. The winner will be notified by social media and/or email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. An Englishman In San Diego will be covering the cost of postage and mail the prize to the winners location, worldwide.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. 17. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Google+, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to An Englishman In San Diego and not to any other party. No information will be shared to any other party.